The senswork optical 2D metrology system ensures the correct feeding of microchips in the semiconductor industry. Discover the benefits.
Pick & Place as a Prerequisite for Automation in Industrial Production
Precise solutions for position recognition
Recognize & Grab Parts on the Assembly Line
The position detection and guidance of parts has several purposes:
- A machine vision system can determine the position and orientation of a part, match it to a specified tolerance, and ensure that the angle is correct for proper assembly.
- Location and orientation of the part can be communicated to the robot or machine controller in a 2D or 3D space to allow the robot to locate and grip the part, or the machine to align the part.
- 2D and 3D position detection on conveyor belts
- 2D and 3D position detection in workpiece carriers
- 2D and 3D position detection for depalletizing robots
- Bin picking
- Conveyor tracking
- Pick & Place tasks in robotics
Compatible with Many Industrial Interfaces
Based on standardized industrial interfaces, our reliable systems are compatible with all common robot manufacturers in the industry.
Automation of Gripping and Joining Processes in Industrial Manufacturing and Logistics
The position detection of products by means of image processing is essential for automated gripping and joining processes. Often, purely mechanical feeding of components is not sufficient if they have to be gripped or joined precisely. Only sensibly designed high-resolution camera systems and suitable calibration methods can compensate for inaccuracies in the feed and prevent damage during the gripping process or assembly.
Calibration makes it possible to determine the exact spatial relationship between the camera coordinate system and the robot coordinate system. This allows the captured visual information to be correctly matched to the robot's movements, ensuring precise positioning and gripping is achieved.
For conveyor tracking tasks, senswork offers additional modules for the detection of moving workpiece carriers and position adjustment with the controller. Accuracies < 0.1 mm in position and orientation can be achieved through precise time alignment.
Position Detection on Applications in Industrial Manufacturing
- Arrangement of parts on pallets
- Packing parts from a conveyor belt
- Locating and aligning parts for assembly with other components
- Placing parts on a work shelf
- Removing parts from bins / reach in / bin picking